Friday, March 24, 2006

March 24, 2006 * Bright Eyes

I was just writing a story on my computer. And I was listening to a CD while doing it.

If you're curious about my musical tastes, I was listening to the new Bright Eyes album, Fevers And Mirrors.

And while listening to it, it dawned on me that I actually saw Bright Eyes live in Green Bay in some guy's basement.

This realization kind of depressed me a bit because it made me realize just how atrocious my memory is. I've seen tons and tons and tons of punk rock bands - I was a scenester, afterall - but I don't have a single memory of those shows.

I also saw the great emo band BOYS LIFE.
***
I used to go through periods of self loathing. I thought that, because I was born with a cock, I deserved what happened to me. But now I think that being comatosed while riding your bike to school is just shitty no matter if you have a penis or vagina.
The whole thing has greatly affected my wife and daughter...Both female.
I hope that there are some females out there who realize that being a dude can have its painful moments.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married 33 gentleman. My wife Allyson and I have an 11 year old daughter named Veronica.