My daughter is such a lucky girl. My wife and I are "unschooling" her. In other words, we guide her as she teaches herself. She'll find her own interests, and not have them imposed on her by school or fellow piers.
Here's a link to a blog written by one of the biggest homeschooling proponents, John Taylor Gatto: Gatto.
I plan on writing a sci fi story about unschooling. In it, there's a child who's fortunate enough to be unschooled.
He learns much diffent things than his friends in school. His friends and thier parents think that the kid is totally strange and out-of-date.
All of a sudden something happens that severely threatens the fate of Earth. And the kid uses his unschooled knowledge to save Earth.
He becomes a hero!
I know that there are a lot of people that think homeschooling is crazy. To these people I ask, "Before public, cumpulsory education was intacted, was EVERYBODY stupid? If not, why?"
- ► 2010 (10)
- March 30, 2006 EZ Reacher
- March 24, 2006 * Bright Eyes
- March 15, 2005 Raise your kids right
- March 12, 2006
- 3-10-06 The Ultimate Joke Book
- Library architecture and, my mother-in-law, Sue
- 3-10-06 More about Valley Packaging...MY ATTEMPTED...
- 3-10-06 Valley Packaging
- 3-05-2006 evilness
- Dear reader, There's a show I frequently watch on...
- 3-03-06 Unschooling
- ▼ March (13)