In getting to this sad state of affairs, the motoring public did have a general plan -a unifying vision. In the '50's, it pledged our country's resources, best human talent and billions of dollars to making its dream of a utopia real. "If you build 'em, they will come." This was the rallying cry for the interstate highways. As cyclists, we need to commandeer this phrase for ourselves; use it to reverse the sad state of current affairs that this country's love affair with the auto has forced on us.
[You're right about that. However, I think it'll take a lot more time to get bicycles to come than it did for cars. It seems to me that Americans are deathly afraid of physical exursion [SP?].
Maybe there should be some sort of incentive. Maybe some sort of a tax break for those who use it?
- ► 2010 (10)
- April 27, 2006 New name?
- April 25, 2006. My "Full House" inspired story.
- April 22 The way I feel sometimes...
- 4-18-06 Bicycle Greenways continued...
- 4-16-06 Bicycle Greenways
- Friday, April 14, 2005 Homosexuality
- Unfortunately, More Uncle Joey Jokes...
- Thursday, April 13, 2006. Uncle Joey
- Tuesday, April 11, 2006
- Monday, April 10, 2006
- 4-09-06 Last names and a Nanostory
- April 06, 2006 Journal
- April 03, 2006.
- 4-02-06 Reading
- ▼ April (14)