Friday, January 12, 2007

A new holiday

I thought of a new holiday. It's sort of like a birthday, but it's called "conception day".

I can explain the holiday better if I write a fake conversation between father and son:
***
Holidy? Hurrah!!!

Little Johnny and his dad sit the living room, among many colorful, helium-filled ballons, looking outside the front window waiting for people to show up to thier party.

"Dad, this is sort of like my birthday, right?," asks little Johnny.

"Yes," says Daddy. "It's the same, but different. See, Johnny, it's the day mommy and I made you."

"In other words," says little Johnny with a big smirk. "It's the day when you and mommy had sex, and your sperm fertilized mommy's egg."

"Wow, you sure are smart, Johnny," says Daddy. He, then, takes a deep breath, wipes his brow, and looks at little Johnny. "Since scientists have figured out that it takes twenty three weeks from conception to birth, I just take the day you were born and subtract twenty three weeks. And that's our new holiday!"

"Do I get presents?" asks little Johnny.

"Well, I'm sorry," Daddy says. "I got paid yesterday, but some jerk in the parking lot mugged me as I walked from the bank to my car."


***
What do you think of this new holiday?

I think it's a great idea. Unfortunately, I picture some anti abortion wackos foaming at the mouth, yelling, "See, I told you. Life does begin at conception!"

"Yes" To that I'd respond,"life for a loved child!"

What do you think of all of this, gentle reader [if I have any]?

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married 33 gentleman. My wife Allyson and I have an 11 year old daughter named Veronica.