Tuesday, October 04, 2005

10-04-05 Damn Sellouts

Years ago in the punk scene, it was a big thing to complain about bands that got "mainstream" attention - I.E. they had a hit song or album, or they had a video that got a lot of airtime on MTV.

I'm not sure how common that is now. But I'm starting realize that by doing that, you're denying a lot of people something that you think is awesome. So, in some respects, you're delegitimizing it.
-----
I'm currently writing a story involving somebody who's a big fan of death metal.

Since I don't know anything about the genre, I put the phrase "death metal" into a search engine. I, luckily, got the following site.

The website.

It filled me in on what I've been missing by listening to all of this punk/indie rock crap.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married 33 gentleman. My wife Allyson and I have an 11 year old daughter named Veronica.